Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Happy List

Hi everyone! It's been ages since I've posted. I've made several attempts at posting again, but alas, they've all just been saved as drafts after a few sentences. But today is the day I complete a post! Huzzah!

Anyways, I've been feeling kind of down lately, for various reasons. So I thought it would be a good idea to make a list to remind me of things that make me happy. I've already done this once before on this blog (q.v. "Simple Pleasures") but it's time for a new list. Here goes:


  • Fluffy white clouds against a blue sky. On a clear day, of course.
  • Feeling grass between my toes. (Even though it makes me itch)
  • Singing at the top of my lungs while in the shower
  • Drinking milk after a PB&J sandwich
  • Avocados on sandwiches.
  • Walking into a clean apartment. (This doesn't happen very often, haha)
  • Seeing the first tulips in spring
  • Serving somebody food and you can tell that they love it after the first bite
  • Finding the perfect opportunity to use a fancy word in everyday speech
  • Hearing people speak in a British, Irish, or Australian accent
  • (Or a Spanish accent if they're speaking Spanish)
  • Watching foreign films
  • Meeting people that have awesome British names, like Carlisle.
  • Popping bubble wrap
  • Feeling the nape of my neck right after a hair cut
  • Watching the reel of unwanted receipts get super-long (My Recorstration buddies know what I'm talking about)
  • Feeling warm sunshine after I've been in a cold room
  • Scratching behind puppies' ears.
  • Sunflowers, daffodils, day lilies, all the awesome summer flowers :)
To be continued...

1 comment:

The Pollocks said...

Happy lists are always so great! Good way to get through the days!