Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Color inspiration

All my friends seem to be buying new furniture, painting rooms, etc. So I figured I'd get in on the fun as well. Unfortunately, my apartment contract prohibits me from painting or in any other way beautifying my living space. However, it is nice to dream. So here are some of the ideas that I've come up with for a living room.
Paint:
This beautiful color is called Riverside Blue, by Behr. (If you ever want a good time, go to behr.com and play with the color creator tools there.) Accent trim will be bright white.








Flooring:
This is the Tundra laminate floor, in medium brown. From IKEA.
Don't forget a shag area rug. I love feeling shaggy carpet under my feet.






Furniture:
I love sectionals, but they've got to have a chaise. This one does, so it wins my liking. Check out this chocolate brown microfiber sectional here at RC Willey's website. Throw in this matching ottoman too. (They really are the same color, I've seen them in the store, haha.)

I love IKEA. Here is a sweet end table from there:
Finish it all off with this entertainment center/bookcase combo, also from IKEA:

2 comments:

Caitlyn said...

Yay for affordable Swedish crap! Hahaha I like all of your choices especially the paint color and black table!

Tiffany said...

I love IKEA, it's amazing! One day we'll both have to go there...one day when we have lots to spend to re-decorate where ever we live :)