Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Weekend with the family!

Shelby and Monica came to Utah to celebrate Tiffany's birthday and to attend a Cake concert. The following is an accounting of my weekend:

Thursday: Everyone came to visit me at work, then they went and checked out the campus til 5 when I got off work. Then we ordered Brick Oven pizza and watched the Lakers/Celtics game. They went on their way to Ogden.

Friday: I woke up and went to pick up my rental car, but my card was declined. I put the deposit on my credit card, so that worked out. But then when I went to Bath and Body Works, my card was declined there too. So I called Bank of America, and it turns out they shut off my bank card without thinking to tell me. So I ended up having to write myself a check to deposit at UCCU so I could have money for the weekend. Moral of this story: Bank of America sucks butt. If you haven't already done so, you should break up with them. So once I finally got to Ogden, things were great. We went on a walk around the duck pond, went to Target, had a swim, then made dinner and watched a movie.

Saturday: Woke up early and made green scrambled eggs with bacon bits for the boys. Then we went to Tiffany's birthday luncheon at Wingers. A good time was had by all. Then we went to Salt Lake to shop around at the Gateway. After waiting a couple hours for the concert to start, we were finally seeing CAKE! The concert itself was great; but the swarming mass of drunkards and trollops was a little hard to bear. I got beer spilled on me twice, and inhaled just enough second-hand smoke to shorten my lifespan by 72 hours. Nevertheless, Cake put on a great concert.

Sunday: We woke up at the crack o' noon, lazed about til 2:30 or so, then went to Temple Square. Came back, had dinner, and watched Alice in Wonderland. Thankfully, I fell asleep before I had to watch the Futterwacken dance that so effectively ruined the whole movie for me.

Monday: Woke up early, packed everything up, stopped at Einstein's Bagels for a delicious blueberry bagel with honey-almond schmear, then went home to run errands all day.

So, it was essentially a great weekend. I'll post some pictures sometime soon. Cheers!

No comments: