Saturday, November 15, 2008

DanceSport!

Well, I know you've all been waiting with anticipation for this post, so I shall deny you no further.

First of all, let me just reiterate how much I love DanceSport. Everybody that knows me knows that I haven't been able to shut up about it for weeks! Some historical commentary: I started dancing here at BYU in my 184 Beginning Standard class, and I never thought I would get into it. It was just a fun class to take to fulfill a general requirement. But, since then I've started to LOVE dancing. So yeah, I took Beginning Standard my freshman year, then took beginning Social my sophomore year. Absolutely loved that class! So, this semester I figured I'd be ambitious and decided to take two dance classes simultaneously: Intermediate Social and Beginning Latin. Anyways, on to this weekend's competition.

Last night (Friday) my partner and I danced the 380 Waltz (which was bold because we're 280 students). I thought we did really well, considering we were dancing different steps than everyone else, and we also had less experience. We made it to the second round! Yay! Then this morning, I did Samba and Triple Swing. It was kinda crazy after a while because I was dancing two events, and I had two different partners to coordinate with, and those partners both had two events and two partners. It was wild. But, we survived. I made it to 3 rounds of Samba and 3 rounds of Triple Swing. By the last rounds, we were both tired, so I think that's why we didn't go much further...on the video of the last triple swing, you can tell we're both just exhausted! Anyways, I've included some real-life footage of us dancing! (We're the couple wearing black and blue.) I apologize if it's hard to find us... the samba is a progressive dance, meaning we move across the floor. So sometimes other couples get in the way. Also, none of the triple swing videos turned out very well, so I've just got pictures of that. Enjoy!

1st round of Samba!


3rd round of Samba!


Triple Swing!




Joy and me:


A Bit Scandalous!

4 comments:

Monica said...

How Fun!! You look great! Thanks so much for the birthday present!! It is the best gift ever!!

Carla said...

Brian... your hair is so...blond! Anyway, looking good dancin' fool!

Tiffany said...

Wow, Brian...good job! Watching those videos made me realize that I miss dancing :( Lol

Em said...

Wow, you're a great dancer! Thanks for sharing the videos...very impressive!