Friday, August 22, 2008

20 years old!

¡Hola todos! So, as the title states, I'm now a whopping 20 years old. I know, be amazed. How did I ever make it this far? I have no idea. I certainly didn't make it unscathed, but here I stand. Or, more appropriately, sit. I'm at work, as usual.

Anyways, apart from my birthday on Monday, not a whole lot has happened since my last post. My birthday was alright; I stopped into work to drop off some cookies that I didn't want to deal with, then some coworkers took me to lunch at Burger Supreme. Yum! (For my Provo friends, that's the place on the corner of University Parkway and Freedom Blvd. For my Bakersfield peeps, it is comparable in nature and ambience to Pop's Drive-In on Niles Street.) After that, I went to the duck pond with my friend Therman and we fed the ducks, then went to my place and hung out. Our friend Sean picked us up and we went to Bed Bath and Beyond to get him some decor for his new place. As is customary, I ended up getting some sweet stuff. Like stripey kitchen towels and a mini-bar. I know. It's great. Anyways, after that Therman and I watched Beauty Shop (featuring Queen Latifah -- Always a great movie if she's involved!) I took a nap, then hung out at my place all night and watched trashy TV. Yay for being 20!

On Tuesday I woke up late, made myself a tortilla española, (you might recall the reference in an earlier post; it's basically the best food ever!) lazed about all morning, then went in for an eye exam. The good news: my eyes aren't getting as bad as fast. The bad news: my eyes are really photosensitive, so I have to be really careful and always wear sunglasses outside. Sad day. On the bright side, I did get some new spectacles. Check them out here! (For the record, I did not get them from Lens Crafters and I didn't pay nearly that much for them.) Those are in the process of being made, and I should get them sometime next week!

Sad news: Unfortunately, I will NOT be receiving my laptop this week. Or next week. Or ever, for that matter. HP has once again proven their incompetence. They said that they had the part (a new motherboard, of all things) in stock, and that there was no shortage of labor, so I would receive my laptop on the 22nd (today). I called them this morning to confirm that it had been shipped, and they said that the delivery date had been moved to September 5th. So, after several minutes of being transferred to different departments, I finally got to speak with a supervisor, who proved to be most unhelpful. So I basically had to be all mean and unpleasant, but I told him that if I have not received my laptop (repaired or replaced) by next Friday, then they will give me a refund for the value of the laptop. Ugh, I hate the whole situation. I guess what I'm basically trying to say is... avoid HP like the plague.

It's quittin' time here at the place of employment, so I'll give y'all another update at some future point in time. Loves!

2 comments:

Carla said...

Happy belated birthday!!! BTW never get a compaq either (I don't know if they have those in laptops anyway but still.... I have an HP desktop with all the bells and whistles and I love it! But then again when if it breaks, Devonn will deal with it not HP)

Em said...

Woo! Time to get dru...wait, no, another year. Darn.
Welcome to the 20's! Now you're old!