Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Happenings


'Ello everyone! This past weekend was pretty interesting. First news: I got a new keyboard! I figured I'd outgrown the previous one, so through some finagling I managed to get a-hold of a Yamaha DGX-505. She's a beauty! This keyboard is basically the coolest thing ever! If you're into that kind of thing, check out this link to see the specs:

In other news: My laptop is dead. Again. Sir Felix was working just fine yesterday afternoon, then I came home and it wouldn't turn on... It just turns the fan on, stays on the HP logo screen, and does weird things with the power, charging, and "thinking" lights. Ugh. So I have to send it off to HP, where they'll probably lose it, then I'll spend a whole month bugging them to get me a new laptop. Grrrr. Oh well, that's just another frustrating part of life.

Also: I spent last night and will spend tonight packing. Why? Because I'm moving tomorrow! Nowhere far away, just down the street. I'm really excited for this new apartment. Reasons:
1. I get to have my own room again. I haven't minded sharing a room since freshman year, because I had the best roomie in the world! But, it will be nice to have my own space again, just like when I was growing up.
2. New roomies. I like meeting new people, it should be an adventure.
3. Proximity to campus. This new place is just 2 1/2 blocks south of campus.
4. Proximity to friends. It's just half a block away from my old place, so I'll still be around. I just don't have to deal with crappy management.

So, that's my life at the moment. I'm not looking forward to spending all night packing, but once I get settled into the new crib it should be all good. Anyways, keep on the edge of your seat for the next exhilarating installment of my life!

3 comments:

Carla said...

You need a digital camera so I can see pics of your new place! Have fun packing muahaha.

Unknown said...

ahh yay for having our own rooms...but BOO CUZ PROXIMITY TO FRIENDS STILL DOESN'T APPLY TO ME VERY MUCH!! :-/

whatever...that just means we'll have to make more of an effort to hang out more!

Carla said...

Happy belated b-day!!!! I hope you at least got to have a little fun!