Thursday, June 19, 2008

Handy Latin Phrases.

So I know all of you are just desperately wanting to learn Latin. Stop denying it. So I've compiled a list of some handy Latin phrases. Use them whenever you get a chance!

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
I think some people in togas are plotting against me.

Sona si Latine loqueris.

Honk if you speak Latin.


Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
.
If you can read this you're over-educated.

Vacca foeda.

Stupid cow.

Noli me vocare, ego te vocabo.
Don't call me, I'll call you.

Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema.
I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme, it isn't a poem.

Fac ut gaudeam.
Make my day.

Visne saltare? Viam Latam Fungosam scio.
Do you want to dance? I know the Funky Broadway.

Re vera, potas bene.
Say, you sure are drinking a lot.

Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant!
May barbarians invade your personal space!

Utinam coniurati te in foro interficiant!
May conspirators assassinate you in the mall!

Quo signo nata es?
What's your sign?

Tam exanimis quam tunica nehru fio.
I am as dead as the nehru jacket.

Magister Mundi sum!
I am the Master of the Universe!

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
I can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?
Is that a scroll in your toga, or are you just happy to see me?

Vescere bracis meis.
Eat my shorts.

Sic faciunt omnes.
Everyone is doing it.

Fac ut vivas.
Get a life.

Anulos qui animum ostendunt omnes gestemus!
Let's all wear mood rings!

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.


I hope you all feel a little bit more cultured after that. Always be on the lookout for opportunities to insult people in a dead language!




3 comments:

Britney said...

You did not compile that list!! You are taking false credit! I demand you site the internet source from whence it came. I would know. I sent it to you, fool!

Unknown said...

yay for Latin!!!

ps: i totally didn't know you had a blog until...NOW

Em said...

...that, is awesome.