Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Little Drummer Boy - Some Christmas musings

Holiday greetings to everyone! Yesterday as I was driving and shuffling through my Christmas playlist, I happened upon Josh Groban's rendition of The Little Drummer Boy. It's one of my favorites. Seriously - ALL. THE. FEELS. If you haven't heard it yet, please rectify that immediately. If you have... listen to it again. It's delightful.


Anyway, the second verse really resonates with me:
Little Baby, I am a poor boy too. I have no gift to bring that's fit to give a king. Shall I play for you on my drum? 

I often feel poor and sometimes worry that the gifts I have to give aren't fit for a king. Or maybe aren't worth giving. But this song reminds me that as long as we do our best, it will be good enough for the King.

The moral of today's post: Don't worry about how small or insignificant your gifts are. The simplest gifts are sometimes the best. Give someone your time, your talents, your kindness, your smile. Whatever it is that you have to offer.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Oscar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oscar said...

so cutte boy!! really handsome